Optimum flossing techniques should always be included in your oral health care routine. The more you can do to improve your cleaning habits, especially your brushing and flossing routines, the better chance your smile has to blossom this season and many more years to come. Listed below are essential tips and techniques to enhance your dental flossing routine:
– If possible, try to use a dental floss or interdental cleaner that features the ADA Seal of Acceptance. Alternatively, consult your dentist about any product recommendations or suggestions.
– Use a piece of thread that is about 18 inches long, so it will have enough space to reach all areas between all of your teeth.
– Stick to a dental floss that does not shred when using it, such as single-filament thread.
– Be sure to floss at least two minutes per session, making sure you floss between every single tooth and behind your teeth in the furthest row back.
– Wrap each end of your floss around one finger on each hand to account for a sturdy grip. However, do not wrap it too tight, but grip it so that it can still give you the maneuverability to move up and down the strand.
– To prevent bacterial contamination or the spread of bacteria, never use the same section of a strand more than once. Instead, throw it out immediately after use and use a fresh strand for each subsequent session.
Always make time in your life to visit your dentist at Healthy Smiles Dental Care™ of Manchester for a professional cleaning, and if necessary, to book an appointment with Dr. Steven Rodriguez for a detailed exam of your oral health. You can reach our dentist office in Manchester, Michigan, by calling us at 734-428-8000. We will be glad to help you achieve the results you are looking for!